Hooray! It’s Friday again! And I’m pumped about the weekend. We’re getting away to a little town on Lake Michigan called Grand Haven. It’s a gorgeous little “beach” town and some very generous friends of ours have offered up their apartment to us for the weekend! We’re also having maternity photos taken on Sunday with a photographer/friend of mine and while I’m incredibly nervous about the whole thing, I’m also very excited. Just wish Brennan was here to be included, but he’s still at this mom’s…we’ll be sure to get some pics with him when he’s back, assuming this tiny bean doesn’t come early…
For today’s 5 on Friday, I’m showcasing 5 things I’m loving for this weekend’s photoshoot….
1) Our first outfits, that I’ve stressed way too much about. I mean, they’re just clothes, right?! Maybe we should have opted for nude studio pics….ha! Never. Not my style. I saw this dress at Target a few weeks ago and loved the color. Last night, it became mine. I’m pairing it with a necklace from our online boutique, Bold Threads. James is wearing a gray shirt similar to this one, I think his is Kenneth Cole, but this is a similar version from Old Navy. And likely his trusty, gray converse and jeans.
|Dress: Target // Belt: Old Navy // Necklace: Bold Threads
Gray Shirt: Old Navy // Jeans: Old Navy // Shoes: Converse
2) Our second outfits…we both have ridiculous red shoes, so I knew I wanted to include them. I chose a leopard tank that I love from our shop, Bold Threads. It’s a little snug these days, but still cute. And I love leopard with red! Wearing it with a belted cardigan and skinny jeans. Mine aren’t maternity, but I’ve included a similar pair from Motherhood. James is wearing a red graphic tee, not this one, but a different one from Old Navy. Although, being that this one says California, I may have to pick one up for him! Jeans for him and our crazy red shoes! Red glitter Vans for me, red leather Converse for him!
|Leopard Tank: Bold Threads // Cardigan: Target // Belt: Old Navy // Jeans: Motherhood // Shoes: Vans
Graphic Tee: Old Navy // Jeans: Old Navy // Shoes: Converse
3) BB Cream! I’ve yet to jump on the bandwagon with BB Cream, until now! I don’t wear foundation very often, because it just feels heavy to me. And I didn’t want to spend a fortune on BB Cream before I knew if I like it. I knew I needed a little extra coverage for these photos, but still want to look natural. I have a few spots of discoloration and blemishes from being pregnant, so I picked up this Rimmel BB Cream at Target for around $7. I love a deal! And I’m also a big fan of Rimmel products in general. I’m wearing it today with my usual Rimmel Stay Matte Powder and I’m loving it so far. Super lightweight with just the right amount of coverage for me. Hopefully it doesn’t melt off during photos!
|Rimmel BB Cream from Rimmel London|
4) Grand Haven, MI…Such a lovely town! We are staying here for the weekend and if all works out, also having our photos taken here (or possibly Grand Rapids, if timing isn’t right). It’s a gorgeous town with beautiful beaches on the shore of Lake Michigan. Can’t wait to hang out, eat lots of junk and get our photos taken!
5) Our photographers…Lauren and Robbie of openField Photography. I jumped into the world of wedding and lifestyle photography about 6 years ago and still dabble in it from time to time. I discovered openField while learning about photography and have followed them ever since. I’ve come to be friends (the online kind!) with Lauren over the years and just adore her. I’m so excited to get the chance to have our photos done by her and Robbie! I know they’ll be amazing, even if I pick myself apart in the photos afterward 😉 Totally my problem, not because of their talents…ha!
So there’s the 5 things I’m loving this Friday! Can’t wait for the weekend! Happy Friday!